Whether you’re heading back to the pool this summer for lessons or going to the hotel pool on a getaway this year, you will LOVE to sew this new Swim Bag project.
This new sewing pattern is a kid’s sized waterproof drawstring swim bag, so it’s easy for little hands to access!
It has a waterproof lining for soggy swimming costumes with a ‘dry pocket’ for any valuables. We have used the Rockpool fabrics from Dashwood Studio which we think the kids will love.
Grab this pattern for FREE when you spend £25 in our online Sewing Superstore (excluding postage)
- This swim bag is fully lined with a waterproof lining so you can keep wet swimming togs away from anything else you wish to keep dry!
- It features a waterproof front zipper pocket to keep your undies dry or store electronics away from the water
- Drawstring closure – easy for little hands to open & close
- If you feel the zipper is pushing your sewing skills, there are also cutting instructions for a bag without the zipped pocket
Never miss a tutorial or fabric guide…
Stay up to date with the latest by signing up to our newsletter!
Click to join our mailing list!
It’s such a quick and simple sew for any confident beginner to make!
Sewing Techniques You’ll Learn:
✂️ How to sew with PUL
✂️ How to insert a chunky zip
✂️ How to line a pocket
✂️ How to create a drawstring closure
You will need…
|Item||Amount required||We used|
|Cotton fabric for side and back panels||40cm x 110cm (16” x 44”)||Dashwood Studio – Rock Pool – Shells And Fish|
|Cotton fabric for middle and pocket panels||30cm x 110cm (12” x 44”)||Dashwood Studio – Rock Pool – Barnacles White|
|PUL fabric for waterproof lining||40cm x 140cm (16” x 56”)||Plush Addict White PUL Fabric (Polyeurethane Laminate fabric) – Waterproof Breathable Fabric|
|Cord for the straps||3m (3 3/8yds)||4mm Polyester Braided Cord – Navy|
|20cm/8” zip||1||Dual Colour Plastic Chunky Style Zip 20cm/8”|
Sewing Kit You Will Need:
- Tailor’s chalk or paper and a pencil (if you want to create pattern pieces)
- Coordinating thread
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
- Tape measure and ruler
- Quilting clips
- Iron (not essential but useful for pressing seams and keeping everything neat!)
- Basic Sewing Kit
Pin This For Later!
Why not give it a go? The pattern is on a special price of £4.99 or alternatively you can grab it FOR FREE when you make a purchase of over £25!